Location: Doomadgee, QLD
Client: Federal Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Premise was engaged to conduct a feasibility assessment and develop a CBA-based business model for the re-establishment of a piggery in Doomadgee, near the Northern Territory border in North Queensland.
The work involved:
- A site visit to establish the condition of the existing piggery infrastructure
- Desktop research to gauge the marketability of a semi-wild pig product from Doomadgee (including costs for infrastructure, ration, transport, freight, and operation)
- Development of a detailed CBA showing the net present value of the facility over a 5 year operating period
- Development of a feasibility report detailing findings of the assessment
- Premise successfully determined the break-even price required for the product in order to make the proposal economically feasible in terms of capital and operational expenditure.